Job Title: Assistant Stage Manager during rehearsal then becoming DSM on the road (The Winter’s Tale Tour 2015)
Responsible To: Company Stage Manager / Production Manager
Northern Broadsides is an award winning company established in 1992. We are delighted to be one of the key National Portfolio Organisations in receipt of ACE funding.
Our repertoire combines Shakespeare, European and English Classic plays and new writing. Productions are noted for their distinctive northern voice, strong musicality and clear narrative journey. Northern Broadsides’ unique theatrical voice is inventive, invigorating, and accessible to all.
From 1992, we have toured the UK and built up a large following in many regular venues such as WYP, Stephen Joseph Theatre, New Vic, The Rose, The Lowry and many more.
Duties and Responsibilities during rehearsals – ASM
- To assist with the running of rehearsal and performance activity with particular responsibility for props.
- To ensure rehearsal environments are set-up and maintained as required with the appropriate set, props, costumes and other effects necessary, with particular attention to prop requirements.
- To liaise with the Production Manager and Company Stage Manager regarding furniture and prop requirements in rehearsal.
- To cover for the DSM in the rehearsal room as necessary.
- To make petty cash purchases as required and account for expenditure.
- To carry out all other duties normally associated with the role of Assistant Stage Manager in rehearsal.
Duties and Responsibilities on the road – DSM
- To be ‘On The Book’ and call the production.
- To assist the Company Stage Manager in the pastoral care of the acting company, and to communicate issues as they arise.
- To ensure that all relevant paper work and documentation is undertaken and that prompt books, files and plots are correctly written up, amended and distributed as required.
- To be an active member of the touring team, working to support and assist staff in other departments where necessary and providing support and assistance for the get-ins well as the get-out on Saturday nights.
- To carry out all other duties normally associated with the role of Deputy Stage Manager on tour.
- To comply with the various policies of the Producer and each touring venue on Social Media, Equal Opportunities, Harassment, Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Health & Safety and Environmental.
- Experience of working in similar roles on a mid-scale tour essential.
- Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team and to work calmly under pressure.
- Proactive and energetic, able to work with commitment and dedication to find solutions.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Awareness of current Health & Safety legislation
- Full driving license
- First Aid at Work Certificate
Outline of Terms and Conditions
Title of Post: ASM (Rehearsal) DSM (Touring)
Duration: 17 August 2015 to 28 November 2015
Salary: £415 per week, inclusive of overtime, push-pull and other incidental payments.
Subsistence: £150 per week during rehearsals
Touring allowance: £205 per week on the road
Travel: Train fare between venues
In order to apply for this position please send a Covering Letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 8th June 2015.
Interviews will be held on the 16th June.
Northern Broadsides is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer