Job Title – Wardrobe Maintenance (The Merry Wives Tour 2016)
Northern Broadsides Co-production with the New Vic, Stoke
Rehearsing at New Vic
Responsible To CSM/Production Manager
Northern Broadsides – About Us
Northern Broadsides is an award winning company established in 1992. We are delighted to be one of the key National Portfolio Organisations in receipt of ACE funding.
Our repertoire combines Shakespeare, European and English Classic plays and new writing. Productions are noted for their distinctive northern voice, strong musicality and clear narrative journey. Northern Broadsides’ unique theatrical voice is inventive, invigorating, and accessible to all.
From 1992, we have toured the UK and built up a large following in many regular venues such as WYP, Stephen Joseph Theatre, New Vic, The Rose, The Lowry and many more.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
During tech week:
- Assist where necessary with fittings and dressing.
- Help actors with any hairdressing if required
- Mark up script with cues/ quick changes.
- Ensure all equipment, spares and maintenance kit are packed for tour
- Work as part of a team under the instruction of the Company Manager where required for the Get in and Out – this will include unloading and packing of the truck – you will be required to help with the fitting up of the set before breaking off to address your own departments requirements.
- Organise dressing room allocation and set up in readiness for the actors
- Help with dressing where necessary
- Set costumes and quick changes for performance
- Assist with quick changes during performance
- To care and maintain all costumes, shoes, undergarments, hats and costume related personal props such as gloves, jewellery, fans etc.
- Do the daily laundry, ironing and general maintenance
- Undertake any costume repairs
- To carry out all other duties normally associated with the role of Wardrobe Maintenance on tour.
- To comply with the various policies of the Producer and each touring venue on Social Media, Equal Opportunities, Harassment, Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Health & Safety and Environmental.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Good knowledge of repairing and cleaning techniques
- Proven skills as a seamstress in a professional setting
- Experience of working in a similar role on a mid-scale tour essential.
- Awareness of current Health & Safety legislation.
- Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team and to work calmly under pressure.
- Proactive and energetic, able to work with commitment and dedication to find solutions.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Full driving license
- First Aid at Work Certificate
Outline of Terms and Conditions
Title of Post: Wardrobe Maintenance
Duration: Tech week 1st February 2016
Opens 5th February 2016
Weekly Touring until 28th May 2016
Salary: £420 per week, inclusive of overtime, push-pull and other incidental payments.
Subsistence: £155 per week during rehearsals
Touring allowance: £216 per week on the road
Travel: Train fare between venues
In order to apply for this position please send a Covering Letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com by 10am Monday 4th January 2016.
Interviews will be held on the Friday 8th January 2016.
Northern Broadsides is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tel +44(0)1422 369 704