Job Title Technical Manager (When We Are Married Tour 2016)
Co-production York Theatre Royal
Rehearsing at York
Responsible To Production Manager/Company Stage Manager
Northern Broadsides is an award winning company established in 1992. We are delighted to be one of the key National Portfolio Organisations in receipt of ACE funding.
Our repertoire combines Shakespeare, European and English Classic plays and new writing. Productions are noted for their distinctive northern voice, strong musicality and clear narrative journey. Northern Broadsides’ unique theatrical voice is inventive, invigorating, and accessible to all.
From 1992, we have toured the UK and built up a large following in many regular venues such as WYP, Stephen Joseph Theatre, New Vic, The Rose, The Lowry and many more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will have the ability to interpret a generic lighting plan from the Lighting Designer
- To be able to draw up venue specific plans for when visiting a venue different from the starting layout, such as going from Pros to Round/Traverse/Thrust etc
- You will have good working knowledge of a computer-based programme, on which to draw lighting plans.
- Create hanging plots and colour calls according to venue-specific plans for venues
- Order and monitor consumables such as colour stock, lamp stock, haze fluid etc for the tour
- Liaise with both the LX and Stage departments prior to arrival at tour venues
- You will assist with get ins and outs
- You will focus the rig
- You will plot and tech the show each week in each venue
- You will operate LX and Snd on all shows and stay with the show throughout the week
- Sound knowledge at a basic level of Qlab or a similar programme
- To carry out all other duties normally associated with the role of Technical Manager on tour.
- To comply with the various policies of the Producer and each touring venue on Social Media, Equal Opportunities, Harassment, Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Health & Safety and Environmental.
- Experience of working in a similar role on a mid-scale touring essential.
- Awareness of current Health & Safety legislation.
- Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team and to work calmly under pressure.
- Proactive and energetic, able to work with commitment and dedication to find solutions.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Full driving license
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Health and Safety at Work
Outline of Terms and Conditions
Title of Post: Technical Manager
Duration: Tech week 5th September 2016
Opens 9th September 2016
Weekly Touring until 10th December 2016
Salary: £420 per week, inclusive of overtime, push-pull and other incidental payments.
Subsistence: £160 per week during rehearsals
Touring allowance: £216 per week on the road
Travel: Train fare between venues
In order to apply for this position please send a Covering Letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com by 9am Monday 4th July 2016.
Interviews will be held in the following week.
Northern Broadsides is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tel +44(0)1422 369 704